Leadership & Successful Risk-Taking - #1 of Series
Posted by Lori Michele Leavitt in Leadership, Transformation & Strategy |
This post is about failure and success. It will likely resonate greatest with those who think big, create strategic plans and take risks to see those strategies executed.
Have you ever been an expert and helped many, and then found that you haven’t taken your own advice (or ignored it or were too busy to even consider your alignment) in your own life or work? Know of any divorced marriage counselors? ‘nuf said.
What do you do when you fall down? Until quite recently I used to bounce back, be proud of my resilience and kick myself now and again for letting it happen. I’ve discovered a better way and I want to share it now with you. You do not have to be pushin’ 50 to use this and you can be well above that age. It’s never too late to benefit yes? Just as I believe it is always time to give back (which is why I take time out for my blog even while running two companies and helping many more).
Here’s the edge: it is that failure — or what our World defines as failure, and for our discussion let’s go ahead and use that word and define it as when outcomes are not aligned with what was expected — can lead to something much better. AND the only way to get to that better place is to go through the failure.
When you know your vision and strategy…and you trust your intuition in addition to your numbers…and you are willing to accept that taking risk means you aren’t going to be 100% sure of every step you take … and you are willing to step out with confidence and learn from the outcomes…then you are almost there. If you are also willing to not attach to the means by which you stay aligned with strategy and realize your vision, then you can realize great benefits that make you say “what!? oh yes - wow!”
I’m going to share with you in this Series - “Leadership & Successful Risk-Taking” - a few of the pains that have kept me apart from this blog (one of many passions now in arrears) for the past three months and how, this time, I pushed beyond resilience and into some power zone where the most amazing and uplifting things are happening!
This Series is for you leaders out there…for all of you willing to push further (not harder), to be uncomfortable (very) so that you can realize the achievements you were meant to bring to our World.
Please join me. If you have a story to share or advice to give, please send to email@example.com or post a comment below!
- Leadership -Connecting with (your) people to improve results. Step 2: Mapping Strategy In this Leadership series we are talking about connecting – connecting to people, connecting people...
- Leadership -Connecting with (your) people to improve results. Step 3: Prioritizing In this series we are talking about connecting – connecting to people, connecting people to...
- Leadership -Connecting with (your) people to improve results. Step 7: Does cause-and-effect matter? In this series we are talking about connecting – connecting to people, connecting people to...
- Leadership Connection- Step 6: How People Fit to your Bottom-Line In this series we are talking about connecting – connecting to people, connecting people to...
- Leadership -Connecting with (your) people to improve results. Step 5: NOW GET GOING In this series we are talking about connecting – connecting to people, connecting people to...
4 Responses to “Leadership & Successful Risk-Taking - #1 of Series”
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.